One hour from Portland and PDX Airport, there is hardly a place as beautiful as Hood River.
Where we run lessons from
Cascade Kiteboarding is located at the Hood River Event Site directly on the Columbia River waterfront.
- From Portland, take I-84 east to exit 63.
- At the top of the ramp, take a left at the light.
- At the stop sign, take a right.
- At the next stop sign, take a left.
- Where the road turns left, head straight into the Hood River Event Site parking lot. There is a $5 parking fee to park for the day. You will see Cascade Kiteboarding right across from the toll booth.
Where to stay
Best Western Hood River Inn - http://www.hoodriverinn.com/
Located on the Columbia River waterfront. Great bar, restaurant, & amenities. 10 minute walk / 2 minute drive to downtown Hood River and Cascade Kiteboarding.
The Vagabond Lodge - http://www.vagabondlodge.com/
Situated on the west edge of time, this is just a 5 minute drive to Cascade Kiteboarding and downtown Hood River
Hood River Hotel - http://www.hoodriverhotel.com/
In the heart of downtown Hood River; 10 minute walk / 2 minute drive to Cascade Kiteboarding.
Columbia Gorge Hotel - http://www.columbiagorgehotel.com/
Historic hotel on a 300-foot cliff overlooking the Columbia River. 5 minute drive to Cascade Kiteboarding and downtown Hood River
Click image below to enlarge to 100%.