Winter 2017 Women's Kite Camps in Baja, Mexico:
February 27 - March 5, 2017
The Cascade Kiteboarding Women's Kite Camp in Baja is a great opportunity to learn and progress your kiteboarding in a friendly and warm wind setting with other awesome women looking to do the same. And have a margarita or two!
Our 7-day camp takes place at Palapas Ventana in the tiny, rustic town of La Ventana, Baja Sur Mexico on beautiful the Sea of Cortez. We teach on a large sandy beach with steady winds that blow from November to March. Camps are limited to 6 women and are open to all levels of kiteboarders -- complete beginners to advanced riders (attempting tricks). We are able to take on multiple levels in the camp because we pair two women of similar level with one instructor. The coach takes turns doing one-one-one instruction with each student throughout the day, so that each can take breaks and still get lots of personal attention.
No wind? No problem. If by chance, we don't get the wind we'd hope for, we have endless amazing activities awaiting us including...
- snorkeling with sea lions
- swimming with whale sharks
- surfing the Pacific
- standup paddling Ceralvo Island
- grey whale tours on the Pacific
- Waterfall hike in the mountains
A typical day at camp:
- You wake up in your view casita and step out on to a sunrise-facing patio with songbirds and flora-surrounded cacti.
- Make your way down to the beach for a yoga class, or just sleep in.
- At 8 am, real good strong coffee and a full fruit and hot breakfast awaits you at the Palapas Ventana restaurant overlooking the same beach you will soon be kiteboarding from.
- Go standup paddling.
- Get a massage.
- The wind comes up, around, say, 11. Go kiteboarding and learn kiteboarding until about 5 pm
- Happy Hour starts when you arrive to the Palapas Ventana bar.
- Dinner at 6:30
- Bedtime at 8 (what we call "Baja Midnight")
- Or party til whenever!
What is included:
- Welcome package of goodies & a famous Palapas Ventana Margarita
- 6 nights shared lodging at Palapas Ventana
- 3 local cuisine meals each day for 6 days
- Unlimited bottled water in every room
- Use of standup paddleboards, kayaks
- 2 mornings yoga or pilates classes
- 4 out of 5 days (approximately 4-5 hours / day) of one-on-one intensive kiteboarding instruction
- Happy Hour kite "chalk-talks" to discuss kiteboarding topics, answer questions
- Backup activities (grey whale trip, whale shark swimming, etc...) if no wind
- Use of all gear necessary for the lesson: wetsuits, booties, helmets, PFDs, harness
- Transportation to and from kite spots, instruction & downwinders
What is not included:
- alcoholic beverages
- transfers to and from Cabo San Lucas airport (we can arrange group shuttles)
- whatever trinkets & things you decide to buy & bring home with you
What makes this camp different from other camps?
- We only take a small group: We limit the camp to just 6 students for the best experience and water time for all.
- You get the full experience: Learning kiteboarding doesn't end when you get off the water. Instructors are always engaging students in the learning process, right now down to gear talk at Happy Hour and common kite challenges at breakfast! If you don't have a kite in your hand on the beach, you'll at least still be getting tips and techniques from our pro women!
- The food... is awesome. You won't get the same ol' rice and beans dish here! The great culinary team at Palapas Ventana makes a diverse range of authentic dishes from scratch and with love, leaving you full and happy.
- Empowerment & camaraderie: Many women come to camp with little to no kite experience and knowing no one. They leave with new friends, feeling empowered, and confident not only to kiteboard, but to do anything in life! Our staff and instructors support and inspire participants to take on new challenges in and out of kiteboarding!
- The margaritas: They really are the best margaritas in La Ventana
To book, email us to the right here or send an email to cascadekiteboarding @ gmail.com.
Women's 1-DAY Jumps, Tricks & Transitions Clinic!
August 27th 9 am - 3 pm • August 28th for wind backup
The Annual Women's Advanced Clinic is always a popular one! This will be year 7 for Tonia's Women's Clinic here in Hood River! The clinic will take place at the Hood River Sandbar August 27th with August 28th as a backup day for wind. This is an intensive day focused specifically on what the participants want to learn. The clinic will be separated into small groups of 3-4 riders, paired by similar levels and with an instructor focused on teaching targeted maneuvers.
All riders must be able to self sufficient kiteboarders, able to ride both directions confidently, stay upwind, and self-rescue.
Price is $125 and includes group and one-on-one instruction, swag bag, lunch, and demos of Dakine harnesses.