Day 1: Arrive in La Paz. Shuttle to boat. Get on boat. Start adventure.
Days 2 - 5: Kite and explore all around the remote islands of the Sea of Cortez. We can do downwinders, kite from islands in the middle of the ocean, and discover new spots. The adventure is as open as you are open-minded!
You will eat well, drink well, and explore the beautiful, raw coastline of the Sea of Cortez by one of the best guides in all of Baja!
Day 6: Disembark boat at 10 am in La Paz. Shuttle to La Ventana. Kite in the afternoon. Stay at Palapas Ventana waterfront resort.
Day 7: Shuttles to airport or stay longer in La Ventana!
Cascade's Catamaran & Kite Expedition
For 5 days you will cruise, kite, SUP, snorkel, fish, swim, relax and consume daily adventures aboard a 47 foot Leopard Cat in the Sea of Cortez islands with Captain Tim, a dedicated chef to prepare gourmet meals, and your guide Tonia or JS.
Includes: All meals, lodging aboard boat and at Palapas Ventana (1 night), guides, activities, alcohol on boat, shuttle to La Ventana on day 6.
Cost: $2400 | $500 deposit by January 12, 2017. Payment in full by March 1. Email us cascadekiteboarding at gmail.com for more details.
Women's Kiteboarding Camp :
Feb. 27 - March 5, 2017 - FULL
Learn as a total beginner or progress your kiteboarding wherever you are in your riding level -- this camp is a small, very personalized kite instructional intensive week where we eat, drink, sleep, and do... KITEBOARDING!
A typical day at camp:
- You wake up in your view casita and step out on to a sunrise-facing patio with songbirds and flora-surrounded cacti.
- Make your way down to the beach for a yoga class, or just sleep in.
- At 8 am, real good strong coffee and a full fruit and hot breakfast awaits you at the Palapas Ventana restaurant overlooking the same beach you will soon be kiteboarding from.
- Go standup paddling.
- Get a massage.
- The wind comes up, around, say, 11. Go kiteboarding and learn kiteboarding until about 5 pm
- Happy Hour starts when you arrive to the Palapas Ventana bar.
- Dinner at 6:30
- Bedtime at 8 (what we call "Baja Midnight")
- Or party til whenever!
What is included:
- Welcome package of goodies & a famous Palapas Ventana Margarita
- 6 nights shared lodging at Palapas Ventana
- 3 local cuisine meals each day for 6 days
- Unlimited bottled water in every room
- Use of standup paddleboards, kayaks
- 2 mornings yoga or pilates classes
- 4 out of 5 days (approximately 4-5 hours / day) of one-on-one intensive kiteboarding instruction
- Happy Hour kite "chalk-talks" to discuss kiteboarding topics, answer questions
- Backup activities (grey whale trip, whale shark swimming, etc...) if no wind
- Use of all gear necessary for the lesson: wetsuits, booties, helmets, PFDs, harness
- Transportation to and from kite spots, instruction & downwinders
What is not included:
- alcoholic beverages
- transfers to and from Cabo San Lucas airport (we can arrange group shuttles)
- whatever trinkets & things you decide to buy & bring home with you
What makes this camp different from other camps?
We only take a small group: We limit the camp to just 6 students for the best experience and water time for all.
You get the full experience: Learning kiteboarding doesn't end when you get off the water. Instructors are always engaging students in the learning process, right now down to gear talk at Happy Hour and common kite challenges at breakfast! If you don't have a kite in your hand on the beach, you'll at least still be getting tips and techniques from our pro women!
The food... is awesome. You won't get the same ol' rice and beans dish here! The great culinary team at Palapas Ventana makes a diverse range of authentic dishes from scratch and with love, leaving you full and happy.
Empowerment & camaraderie: Many women come to camp with little to no kite experience and knowing no one. They leave with new friends, feeling empowered, and confident not only to kiteboard, but to do anything in life! Our staff and instructors support and inspire participants to take on new challenges in and out of kiteboarding!
The margaritas: They really are the best margaritas in La Ventana
Price: $2100 | To book, we require a $500 deposit at the time of booking, which you can pay for here on our site. The remaining balance is due at camp. For more info, email us at cascadekiteboarding at gmail.com.